American Digital Security (ADS) is thrilled to announce we have partnered with High STEPS to expand our products in Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio and South Carolina. To learn more and register for a free webinar, click here.
At American Digital Security, we specialize in providing end-to-end electronic security systems for K-12 schools that prepare them for a variety of threats, including active shooters. Our experience in designing and installing cutting-edge security systems enables us to advise schools on how to choose the latest and best solutions.
Providing Security for K-12 Has Its Challenges
K-12 educators face a variety of security challenges these days, including:
- School-targeted attacks: Preventing school shootings is a top priority. To meet this challenge, you need solutions designed by experts who will spot weak points school shooters may exploit, know how to leverage the newest and most effective technology and ensure equipment is integrated and in working order throughout a campus.
- Child pick-up authorization: Schools must ensure that every child gets picked up from school and that only authorized adults are doing the picking up.
- Student violence: Often, schools must protect students from violence committed by other students. According to the National School Boards Association, “For every school-related shooting, there are nearly 10,000 violent assaults.” Students need a security network with increased uptime so staff can keep an eye on potential problems.
- Inconsistent existing equipment installations: Schools have a mix of older and newer buildings, all of which must use the same security infrastructure. Installing such a comprehensive system requires certified, knowledgeable engineers.
- A lack of information: K-12 institutions often do not have a security professional on staff. They may lack the expertise needed to not only install systems, but to know what functionalities are needed, what new technology is available or when something is going wrong.